- To focus on significant health issues affecting the targeted population.
- To assess health care needs versus available services for the low-income, uninsured community.
- To confirm that program methodologies are on the right track.
- To provide feedback data for existing program funders and statistical data for potential grant sources
- To encourage early prevention and treatment of illness for low-income uninsured working families in the five parish area served.
- To recruit and coordinate community resources and volunteers in an effort to ensure that health care services are available to those in need.
- To lessen barriers to care by providing accessible, quality medical care in an after-hours setting.
- To increase awareness and prevention of disease through patient education and counseling.
- To act as an advocate on a patient’s behalf in order to obtain medications through Pharmaceutical Access Programs.